What is Pagenii?
Pagenii is your password genie. It generates strong, secure passwords that can be re-generated whenever you need them.
Pagenii generates passwords using cryptographic hash functions, so passwords are never stored or transmitted anywhere over the Internet, making them stronger and safer.
As long as you enter the correct name, master password and key each time, Pagenii will always generate the same, correct password.
How to use Pagenii
Using Pagenii is easy. Generate a password, copy and paste it where it needs to go, and come back to regenerate the same password whenever you need it.
Start by generating a password using the Pagenii app at the top of the page.
- This doesn’t have to be your real name, as long as you can easily remember it.
- Master password:
- Choose one that you will use here every time. Make sure it’s strong and never share it with anyone.
- A key is a word or phrase that describes what your password will be used for. For example, ‘Gmail’ could be used if you are creating a password for your Gmail account. Other examples could be, ‘Home Wifi’ or ‘Facebook’. Choose keys that make sense to you and that you can easily remember. You can use as many keys as you like.
- If you choose to customize your password, you can specify the length and minimum number of characters from each of the alphabet sets to be included in your password. By default, Pagenii sets a length of 20 and will include at least 1 character from each alphabet set.
Copy and paste the generated password into the website or app where you are creating a new password.
- Simply double-click the password to select the full length of the password!
Whenever you need to re-enter that password, come back to Pagenii and enter the same details you used to generate that password.
- All names, master passwords and keys are case-sensitive.
Here’s an example!
John Smith needs to create a strong, secure password for his Facebook account.
When John needs to create a password at the Facebook Sign Up page, he navigates to Pagenii and enters his name, master password and ‘Facebook’ as a key. He chooses not to customize it further and then clicks ‘Generate’.
John copies and pastes his new Pagenii password into the Sign Up page and creates his new Facebook account.
The next time John needs to manually log into his Facebook account, he comes back to Pagenii and enters the same details he used to create his password.